Monday, June 27, 2011

Studying with the snowman

He says it takes a village and there was no exception with him. His village is my family. He has been immersed in a culture that my occupation prevents me from being able to fully enter. I have my moments, my membership to different clubs and participation in different leagues of play but nothing like 25 years of being raised by a village.

He does not know it, or perhaps he is more aware than I give him credit for, but that village created a wonderful man. A guy who listens. Yes, a low threshold but most women have low expectations of men. Plus, he wears silly shorts and I sorta like that.

I find it comical that the man from a village does not recognize a woman with a specialized village community of her own. Queer it is, indeed.

3 comments: