Monday, June 13, 2011

5 month old Ayden brushing his teeth, wha?

Ayden is now a 5 month old puppy and we have certainly reached the "terrible twos" of puppyhood. Everything that we mastered in the last 3 months has been thrown out the window and we are relearning it all. Fortunately, he has always been a good pup and VERY responsive to treats and cuddles.

I sat on my patio watching Ayden play in the yard and it finally hit me (literally 3 months later)... this is my life. I live in Texas now and I have no idea how I got here, where I will go next, or where I will go after that. Somehow, I need to be okay with that. In some ways, it finally felt okay to be alone. At least I know that I can depend on myself, after all, who else have I ever depended on?

A song came on pandora entitled, "this is not your year," and I thought of many people. I did not think of myself though. Progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment