Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Advice

My facial wash says, "we came into this world with all the right instincts. Full of joy, excitement and a sense of wonderment."

My hair paste says, "apply a small amount to damp or dry hair with fingertips."

My shoes say, "simple. shoes for a happy planet."

Everywhere, there is both inspiration and instruction. I find that it can be a little overwhelming. The best advice I was ever given shocked my world. It was, "you cannot change them based on what you do."
I have agreed and disagreed with this advice.

It took me months to discover that regardless of how much I loved her, it would not make her love me back. It has taken me weeks to figure out, that even though I want it to be one way, others want it a different way.  I think the only way to make sure that what you are doing will influence others is to tell them what and why you are doing what it is that you are doing. Maybe this will help, maybe, even with the knowledge of your intentions, it stay the same.

She says she is good for me and that I am good for her. She says that I need someone to fuck up my life and my car every so often. If I had a dollar for every car she has messed up, then I would have more dollars than I have now.

Different she says she will keep her non-working hours free minus the hours spent celebrating a 15 year old boys birthday. It was in response to me keeping my non-studying hours free.

Still, another she doesn't say anything at all. Is it because I have not said anything first? who knows?

1 comment:

  1. You know how I feel about messing up someone's car. It's only okay if they buy you a new one... Or cook for you for a year... Or give you a pony.

    ReplyDelete