Thursday, March 24, 2011

Morning in San Antonio

I spent the beginning of my first morning in the small pool on the 6th floor of my amazingly luxurious hotel. The view of downtown filled with a comforting morning dew/ mist reminded me of the wet in Seattle. I thought to myself, this is something that I could not do in Seattle: point 1 for SA.

I find myself at a queer coffee shop, queer in the strange definition, not the sexuality. Greeted by a sign posted on the front of the restroom, "Worship at the Foundry," I want to run... instead, I chucked to myself and order the first $1 cup of coffee I think I have ever had. It is not bad. It is not great. I feel like I am surrounded by a couple of gay guys which is comforting but then there is an overwhelming sense of 'doing unto others' which is gagging me as I attempt to sign onto the internet with a password of friendship. Perhaps it is endearing and I am just being angry, an emotion that I resort to when I am alone and a little scared.

Today is day one of apartment shopping which is getting progressively more difficult as I have just adopted a puppy who may be pit. I have already been advised three times to have him 'pass' as a lab. Passing was Rolls Royce's favorite novella and her pups namesake. I still wonder how I could have let that situation get the best of me.


Forward march towards a new home.

No comments:

Post a Comment